Kyle Busch – No. 18 Sport Clips Toyota Camry Preview – Toyota Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway
No. 18 Sport Clips Toyota Camry News & Notes:
- RETURN TO SONOMA RACEWAY: The NASCAR Cup Series will make its return to Sonoma Raceway this weekend for 90 laps around the 2.52-mile winding road course. Having not visited the Sonoma Valley since 2019, the field will take the green flag on Sunday without any practice around the 12-turn course.
- BUSCH AT SONOMA: In 15-career starts at Sonoma Raceway, Kyle Busch has claimed two victories, along with five top-five’s and seven top-10 finishes. In his last race at the California course, Busch led multiple laps and claimed a hard-fought second-place finish. Busch hasn’t scored outside of the top 10 at Sonoma since 2014.
- SECOND TIME’S A CHARM: In their 13th season with Joe Gibbs Racing, Sport Clips Haircuts returns to the No. 18 Toyota Camry for their second-career race with two-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion, Kyle Busch. Sport Clips made their first appearance with Busch at Phoenix Raceway in 2020 and scored a third-place finish.
- WEEKEND REWIND: The NASCAR Cup Series raced at their “home track” of Charlotte Motor Speedway last Sunday in the iconic 600-mile Memorial Day weekend race. Despite putting on a show in the final laps, Busch couldn’t close the gap and finished third. Busch was one of the biggest movers of the race, advancing 17 spots over the 400-mile event.
- JGR STATS: Joe Gibbs Racing has claimed give NASCAR Cup Series victories at Sonoma Raceway. In 69 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 16 top-five finishes, 29 top-10s, and 368 laps led.
- RACE INFO: The Toyota Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway begins at 4:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 6, 2021. The race will be broadcast live on FS1, Sirius XM 90, and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Kyle Busch: “Sonoma has been a really solid track for us in the past. I love that area of the country. It’s a cool place and a fun track. There’s a lot of character to that place. Since we didn’t race there last year, it will be interesting going back there with a completely new downforce package and no practice time. We’ll give it our best with our Sport Clips Camry and see if we can go back out there and get another win.”