Kyle Busch – No. 18 STANLEY Toyota Camry Preview – Instacart 500 at Phoenix Raceway
No. 18 STANLEY Toyota Camry News & Notes:
- BUSCH AT PHOENIX RACEWAY: The two-time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) champion has three NCS victories at the 1-mile track, including back-to-back wins in November 2018 and March 2019, as well as 12 top-five finishes and 22 top 10’s. Busch also has11 Xfinity Series wins and two Truck Series wins on his resume at the tri-oval.
- NEW INK: Busch and the No. 18 team will have a new look this weekend as they welcome STANLEY aboard their Toyota Camry. This will be Busch’s first race with STANLEY and the first on-track appearance of the newly designed paint scheme.
- #STANLEYTHEWORK: The STANLEY brand understands that hard work is one thing that all pros have in common. The training and dedication that is done behind the scenes is often not a story always told, but STANLEY values the nitty gritty work. From the trials and hurdles, to the big moments in life, STANLEY believes the measure of a pro is the work it took to get there.
- WEEKEND REWIND: The Las Vegas-native and his new crew chief, Ben Beshore, brought home a hard-fought third-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday. The duo scored their highest finish of the early season, proving that they’re making solid progress as a fresh team.
- JGR STATS: Joe Gibbs Racing has earned six Cup Series victories at Phoenix. In 127 combined starts, the organization has claimed 39 top-five finishes, 66 top-10’s and has led 2,492 laps.
- RACE INFO: The Instacart 500 at Phoenix Raceway begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 14, 2021. The race will be broadcast live on FOX, Sirius XM 90, and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Kyle Busch: “Phoenix has been a really good place for us over the years, so I’m looking forward to heading there with STANLEY on our Camry for the first time and hoping we can run up front and get them a good finish. You’ve got to have a good car at Phoenix, but you’ve got to have good brakes. You’ve got to have a car that can turn, and you’ve got to have a good car that can accelerate off of turn two and go fast down the backstretch. Last week was a good building block race for myself and Ben (Beshore, crew chief) and everyone on this No. 18 team. It will be nice to start closer to the front this week. We have to start the race closer on our balance and stay up front and try to get some stage points. It will be interesting to see how the race plays out for us.”